Vocabulary logs : meet 4
|
Nama dan NIM |
Destri Fazryani Lestari /
2088203099 |
|
Topic |
New Gathering and Interviewing |
|
Date |
March 30th, 2023 |
|
Sources/Links |
Smith,
D. (2010). Introduction to Journalism. Student Activities Book.
TEACHINGpoint. The Expert Systems for Teachers Series. United States of
America. |
|
Vocabularies, Pronounciation &
Part of Speech, Defination, and Context. |
1.
Interview
: / ˈin(t)ərˌvyo͞o/ Part of Speech : verb Indonesia : mewawancarai,
menanyai, berwawancara Defination : e.g., “he arrived to be interviewed by a
local TV station about the level of unemployment” Synonym : talk to, question,
survey, have a dialogue, etc. 2.
Ploys
: / ploi/ Part of
Speech : noun Indonesia
: cara, kesenangan bersama Defination
: a cunning plan or
action designed to turn a situation to one’s own advantage e.g., “-” Synonym :
ruse, tactic, move, device, etc. 3. Readily : / ˈredəlē/ Part of
Speech : adverb Indonesia
: segera, dengan senang hati, dengan mudah, seketika itu juga. Defination
: without hesitation or
reluctance ; willngly .e.g., “he readily admits that the new car
surpasses it predecessors” Synonym : willingly,
without hesitation, gladly, happily, etc. 4. Pageants : /pagents/ Part of
Speech : noun Indonesia
: pawa sejarah, arak-arakan. Defination
: a public entertainment
consisting of procession of people in elaborate, colorful costumes, or an
outdoor performance of historical scene. e.g., “Did
your partner mention that she likes to participate in beauty pageants?” Synonym :
parade, procession, scene, play, etc. 5. Eliminate : / əˈliməˌnāt/ Part of
Speech : verb Indonesia
: menghapuskan, melenyapkan, membersihkan. Defination
: completely remove or get rid of (something). e.g., “a policy that would
eliminate inflation” Synonym :
remove, get rid of, abolish, destroy, etc.
|
LEARNING STRATEGIS
• Prewriting
First, I read the e-book after that, the ppt given
by the lecturer during the lecture.
• Writing
The second, I compiled what I wrote, made a summary
and then copied it to Ms. Words.
• Revising
The third, I reread the material from the PPT to
make a conclusion, from what I understand.
• Proofreading
The Fourth, I checked again whether the vocab I
wrote on the blog was correct, that way it was
easier for me to understand.
• Publishing
The Fifth, I post an essay that I made to my
personal blog, sending a Google class assignment.
and check again if it's done.
Summarize
: news gathering techniques focus on with a special emphasis on interviewing
skills and writing the story from the information gathered from interviews and
other sources. The newsgathering technique that was most likely used to get the
information, namely: the events calendar, background research, investigative
reporting, conducting the interview, preparing for the interview, the interview
form, writing the interview. All methods of news gathering are important, but
it is through the interview that reporters get the “meatiest” information. A
good interview holds the key to a good story, one that people will want to
read. type of interviews are fact interview, prepare for the interview. You
have interviewed your subject, and now it is time to write the story. Begin
writing your story soon after the interview while notes are fresh.
Reflection : Having learned about A Matter of facts is about to understand what news is, what makes facts newsworthy, and how to organize your facts and how to incorporate quotes into your story, it is time to begin the process of actually gathering the news.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar