Vocabulary logs : Meet 10
|
Nama dan NIM |
Destri Fazryani Lestari /
2088203099 |
|
Topic |
A
Matter of Opinion: what an editorial does |
|
Date |
June 2th, 2023 |
|
Sources/Links |
https://www.scribd.com/document/374606017/EDITORIAL-docx#
|
|
Vocabularies, Pronounciation &
Part of Speech, Defination, and Context. |
1. Matter: /ˈmadər/ Part of Speech : Nomina Indonesia: masalah, hal,
soal, bahan. Defination : physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit;
(in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as
distinct from energy. e.g., “the structure and properties of matter” Synonym : affair, situation,
event, case, etc. 2. Empirical: /əmˈpirik(ə)l/ Part of Speech : adjective Indonesia: empiris, yang berdasarkan pengalaman. Defination : based on,
concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory
or pure logic. e.g., “they provided considerable
empirical evidence to support their argument” Synonym : observed, seen, factual, real, etc. 3. Conclusions:
/konklu’ʤien/ Part of Speech : noun Indonesia : kesimpulan, akhir, keputusan, tamat. Defination : the end or finish of an event or
process. .e.g., “the conclusion of Worlend War Two” Synonym : end, ending, finish, close, etc. 4. Persuade: /
pərˈswād / Part of Speech : verb Indonesia : membujuk, meyakinkan, mengajak. Defination : cause (someone) to do
something through reasoning or argument. e.g., “it wasn't easy,
but I persuaded him to do the right thing” Synonym : make, get, induce, etc. 5. Issue: / ˈiSHo͞o / Part of Speech : verb Indonesia :mengeluarkan, menerbitkan, memberikan. Defination : an important topic or
problem for debate or discussion. e.g., “the issue of global warming” Synonym: matter, occasion, item, problem, topic, etc. |
LEARNING
STRATEGIS
•
Prewriting
First,
I read the e-book after that, the ppt given by the lecturer during the lecture.
•
Writing
The
second, I compiled what I wrote, made a summary and then copied it to Ms.
Words.
•
Revising
The
third, I reread the material from the PPT to make a conclusion, from what I
understand.
•
Proofreading
The
Fourth, I checked again whether the vocab I wrote on the blog was correct, that
way it was
easier
for me to understand.
•
Publishing
The
Fifth, I post an essay that I made to my personal blog, sending a Google class
assignment.
and
check again if it’s done.
Summarize
: an editorial serves as a platform for
expressing opinions and influencing public discourse. It plays a crucial role
in journalism by providing analysis, interpretation, and commentary on
important issues. Through the editorial, editors articulate their stance on a
particular matter and strive to persuade readers to adopt a similar viewpoint. They
aim to provoke critical thinking, spark discussions, and contribute to the
democratic process by shaping public opinion. Ultimately, editorials serve as a
powerful tool in the realm of journalism, providing a platform for thoughtful
analysis, debate, and the exchange of ideas. However, it is important to
remember that editorials cannot be taken as the absolute truth. They represent
the opinions of certain individuals or groups and do not necessarily reflect a
broad or diverse viewpoint. It is important for readers to consider other
viewpoints, do their own research, and adopt a critical approach to consuming
information.
Reflection : An editorial is a
newspaper article that expresses one’s opinion. An editorial can be about any
topic, but is usually written about an issue that deals with our society. To
build credibility, the opinion in the editorial must be backed up with facts
and evidence to substantiate your opinion. The facts and evidence must be gone
through extensively to find the point of view you want to argue. With a point
of view through and editorial piece, issues are given solutions that could be
rendered to solve the actual problem at hand. A newspaper editorial may seem
hard to write; but, initiative and passion about an issue gives you, the
writer, the inside knowledge of making editorial writing easier.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar