Jumat, 09 Juni 2023

Review Writing: Analyzing a Movie Review

 Vocabulary logs : Meet 11

Nama dan NIM

Destri Fazryani Lestari / 2088203099

Topic

Review Writing: analyzing a movie review

Date

June 9th, 2023

Sources/Links

Duke University. (2021). Film review genre. http://twp.duke.edu/uploads/media_items/film.original.pdf

Rudin, R., & Ibbotson, T. (2013). Introduction to Journalism. In Introduction to Journalism. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780080495835

National Open University of Nigeria. (2013). Critical Writing and Reviewing. https://nou.edu.ng/coursewarecontent/MAC%20313.pdf

Vocabularies, Pronounciation & Part of Speech, Defination, and Context.

1.      Review: / rəˈvyo͞o/

Part of Speech : Nomina

Indonesia: tinjauan, ulasan, resensi.

Defination : a critical appraisal of a book, play, movie, exhibition, etc., published in a newspaper or magazine.

e.g., “she released her debut solo album to rave reviews”

Synonym : criticism, notice, article, etc.

2.      Empirical: /əmˈpirik(ə)l/

Part of Speech : adjective

Indonesia: empiris, yang berdasarkan pengalaman.

Defination : based on, concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic.

e.g., “they provided considerable empirical evidence to support their argument

Synonym : observed, seen, factual, real, etc.

3.      Explore: /ikˈsplôr/

Part of Speech : verba

Indonesia : menyelidiki, menjelajah, mengedari.

Defination : travel in or through (an unfamiliar country or area) in order to learn about or familiarize oneself with it.

.e.g., “the best way to explore Iceland's northwest”

Synonym : tour, survey, search, etc.

4.      Persuade: / pərˈswād /

Part of Speech : verb

Indonesia : membujuk, meyakinkan, mengajak.

Defination: cause (someone) to do something through reasoning or argument.

e.g., it wasn't easy, but I persuaded him to do the right thing

Synonym: make, get, induce, etc.

5.      Medium: /ˈmēdēəm/

Part of Speech: nomina

Indonesia: medium, sarana, perantara.

Defination: an agency or means of doing something.

e.g., “using the latest technology as a medium for job creation

Synonym: form, organ, forum, approach, etc.

LEARNING STRATEGIS

• Prewriting

First, I read the e-book after that, the ppt given by the lecturer during the lecture.

• Writing

The second, I compiled what I wrote, made a summary and then copied it to Ms. Words.

• Revising

The third, I reread the material from the PPT to make a conclusion, from what I understand.

• Proofreading

The Fourth, I checked again whether the vocab I wrote on the blog was correct, that way it was

easier for me to understand.

• Publishing

The Fifth, I post an essay that I made to my personal blog, sending a Google class assignment.

and check again if it’s done.

 

Summarize: Analyzing a movie review (Reviewing a movie/an art form) can be an interesting and beneficial task. By analyzing the structure, components, and techniques used in a movie review, we can develop the skills to write insightful, informative, and engaging reviews that contribute to the discourse surrounding films and their impact on audiences. Writing film reviews allows us to share opinions about the artwork, provide guidance to readers about the film, and provide a deeper understanding of the aspects that make a film good or bad.

 

Reflection : Analyzing a movie review requires a critical eye and an understanding of both the reviewer's perspective and the art of filmmaking. It is essential to delve beyond the surface level and explore the reviewer's arguments, tone, and credibility. A thoughtful reflection on a movie review involves examining the reviewer's assessment of the film's technical aspects, narrative coherence, character development, and thematic elements. Furthermore, considering the reviewer's biases, preferences, and prior film knowledge can provide valuable context to their critique. By dissecting and evaluating a movie review, one gains a deeper appreciation for the complex dynamics between the reviewer, the film, and the audience, ultimately enhancing one's own ability to critically engage with cinematic experiences.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

A WORLDWIDE TYPICAL FOOD OF WEST JAVA

Wednesday, July 12 th 2023 11.00 pm Reporter: Babykoyaa "A Bowl of Warm Cilok, a Pleasure that Warms the Heart and Stomach" Jak...