Vocabulary logs : Meet 12
|
Nama dan NIM |
Destri Fazryani Lestari /
2088203099 |
|
Topic |
Using Photograph: writing Captions |
|
Date |
June 16th, 2023 |
|
Sources/Links |
- |
|
Vocabularies, Pronounciation &
Part of Speech, Defination, and Context. |
1. Photograph: /ˈfōdəˌɡraf/ Part of Speech : Nomina Indonesia: foto, gambar,
potret. Defination: a picture made using a camera, in which an image is focused onto
film or other light-sensitive material and then made visible and permanent by
chemical treatment, or stored digitally. e.g., “a
photograph of her father” Synonym : picture, photo, shot, snap,
etc. 2. Crop: / kräpt/ Part of Speech : adjective Indonesia: dipotong. Defination : (especially of hair) cut very short. e.g., “cropped blond hair” Synonym : cut, crop, etc. 3. Avoid: /əˈvoid/ Part of Speech: verba Indonesia: menghindari, mencegah, menjauhi. Defination: keep away from or stop
oneself from doing (something). .e.g., “avoid excessive exposure to
the sun” Synonym : keep away from, steer clear of, etc. 4. Persuade:
/ pərˈswād / Part of Speech : verb Indonesia : membujuk, meyakinkan, mengajak. Defination: cause (someone) to do something
through reasoning or argument. e.g., “it wasn't easy,
but I persuaded him to do the right thing” Synonym: make, get, induce, etc. 5. Medium: /ˈmēdēəm/ Part of Speech: nomina Indonesia: medium, sarana, perantara. Defination: an agency or means of doing
something. e.g., “using the latest technology
as a medium for job creation” Synonym: form, organ, forum, approach, etc. |
LEARNING
STRATEGIS
•
Prewriting
First,
I read the e-book after that, the ppt given by the lecturer during the lecture.
•
Writing
The
second, I compiled what I wrote, made a summary and then copied it to Ms.
Words.
•
Revising
The
third, I reread the material from the PPT to make a conclusion, from what I
understand.
•
Proofreading
The
Fourth, I checked again whether the vocab I wrote on the blog was correct, that
way it was
easier
for me to understand.
•
Publishing
The
Fifth, I post an essay that I made to my personal blog, sending a Google class
assignment.
and
check again if it’s done.
Summarize:
Stories with
photographs are much more likely to be read than stories without photographs,
and the larger the photograph, the greater the likelihood that the story
package will attract the attention of the reader. This unit will concentrate on
photo selection, photo editing and cropping, as well as writing captions for
publication. Many scholastic staffs are making the transition from traditional
darkroom photography to digital photography, while others are opting to
continue with film cameras. This unit will take up with the process after the
photos are processed, whether in the darkroom or digitally, but will focus
primarily on digital photo editing since so many publications are being
submitted to the printer on disk, ftp uploading or through e-mail. The
technical how-tos of photo preparation are far too complex to get into in one
unit of a journalism textbook, and there are so many different types of
software available that it would be impossible to get into how they all work. So
the focus will be more on the results you will want to achieve, and we’ll leave
the technical Photographs used for journalistic purposes must tell a story as
well as being visually appealing. While mug shots or small head and shoulders
shots may help a reader understand who an article is about, it is the large
action shots which will draw readers into the story package and serve as an
entry point into the story. According to a landmark 1991 study by the Poynter
Institute called “Eyes on the News”, eyetracking was used to study the movement
of readers’ eyes across a newspaper page.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar